Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Connie's Mom Maxine

Our dear Connie is dealing with her mother's illness for over a month now and this morning she writes some beautiful words of testimony of this time in her life.



Her mother was at the brink of death's door last week and all the family came to the hospital to say goodbye. Maxine woke up and looked around the room and said "Why are you all here? I'm not dying".....indeed she did not die. But, life has been very difficult for Maxine these last days as her kidneys and stomach have stopped functioning properly. It's just amazing that she can still be alive but as Connie says "Mother has an unbelievable will to live" !

Below are some scriptures and a song that Connie sent today that are beautiful and encouraging at this time.


"When you face challenges in life, seek to know what God wants you to do and do it, confident that He will do His part. You don't know ahead of time how He will accomplish His will. Trust God & prepare to be surprised by the ways He demonstrates His trustworthiness. Doing what is right will not always make you popular."

I believe just like Esther God is bringing things into our life to change us, to bring us closer to Him & to help us seek what we should learn from each situation that comes into your life. I have been praying that God will show me great things through all this sorrow.


I know it wasn't by accident that I am in the middle of the Esther study.


I love Steven Curtis Chapman's words from Miracle of the Moment":

"There's only ONE who knows
What's really out there waiting?

In all the moments yet to be
And all we need to know
Is HE'S OUT THERE WAITING

To Him the future's history
And He has given us a treasure called RIGHT NOW
And this is the only moment we can do anything about

And if it brings you tears
Then taste them as they fall
And let them soften your heart

And if it brings you laughter
Then throw your head back
And let it go, let it go

YOU GOTTA LET IT GO

Listen to your heartbeat

There's a wonder in the here and now
It's right there in front of you
And I don't want you to miss
THE MIRACLE OF THE MOMENT




WE love you Connie and our prayers are with you there in Arkansas...just know the 49er's arms are always wrapped around you during these difficult times. We won't let go until you are ready to walk on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment