Our dear little Shaunte passed away this morning in my arms as I was driving her to the vet. She had quit eating on Sunday, I took her to the vet yesterday because she was getting so weak and even though she was drinking she would not eat. They ran a lot of tests and found her heart was about 4 times the normal size. Due to the heart murmur she has had all her life it had damaged her heart and finally caused it to stop this morning at about 8:15. I was on my way to the vet to take her back in for another antibody shot and more IV fluids. I was talking to Ken on the phone about her and when I stopped at a stop light I put my hand on her chest and realized she was no longer breathing. I did get to the vet and when I walked in crying my eyes out they ran to me and took her. The doctor confirmed a minute later that yes she was gone. I got to sit with her for a while.
She is now running in doggie heaven with all the doggies in our lives that have gone before her. She had a wonderful last night with us. Tiffany and boys got to see her last night and I held her all night long and loved on her. As Ken and the vet said, she died right where she wanted to be. It is way harder than I ever thought it was going to be. I miss her so much already and don’t want to go home tonight. But I will and I will be okay. I love you all and I know each of you have suffered this and know how I am feeling.
No comments:
Post a Comment